Thank you for taking the time to check for job vacancies at Adlington Hall and Gardens, we currently have the following job vacancy;
The Gardens at Adlington date from the 1300s onwards and are open to the public during the summer, as well as for private tours throughout the year. They encompass a wide variety of plants and trees that make up the formal gardens to the North of the Hall and The Wilderness to the South. The Estate itself encompasses 2,000 acres of additional farm and parkland that requires ad-hoc maintenance.
We are now looking to recruit an Assistant Gardener to work within our gardening team across the Estate. Reporting to the Head Gardener you will be responsible for all aspects of garden maintenance.
– Maintaining the lawns and grounds year round including scarifying, aerating, weed control and fertilizer application
– Grass cutting using ride-on and pedestrian mowers
– Hedge trimming and cutting
– Minor tree works
– Maintaining equipment
– Adhering to Health and Safety procedures
– Chainsaw Certificate
– PA1 and PA6
– Clean driving licence
– Ideally a background in horticulture with at least two years in a similar role/ environment either paid or as a volunteer
– A knowledge and passion for horticulture
– Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm – occasional weekend work may be required
– 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about gardens and enjoys working outdoors. The estate encompasses a wide variety of tasks and requirements and the successful candidate must be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org